Established in 2010.
Baking Under the Influence (BUI) is a craft bakery specializing in pairing craft beer, cocktails, and local ingredients into delicious baked goods. We are a location based bakery, which means you can find our products at different community events throughout the Palm Beaches. We are also happy to do any and all special orders. Custom flavors are our specialty!
We also can expertly make vegan and gluten free baked goods in any flavor or combination you'd like. Contact us with your request.
BUI was established in November 2010 after high response and praise to our beer cupcakes during several fundraisers for Movember. Our cupcakes were designed to pair a passion of craft beer with a love of desserts and sweet treats and were able to raise several hundred dollars for a great cause. We remember our roots and have made a commitment to our community and are constantly participating in various fundraisers to make Florida a better place!
In our time, we've made some pretty interesting cupcakes and cookies. Some were just amazing, some were just okay, some were inventive, and some were just odd. We've chosen some to be "regulars" and we'll switch the other ones out based on beer availability, custom events/themes, or personal preference. Challenge us on flavors and ideas, we'll design a cake to suit your needs!
- Armchair Quarterback: A Beer Cheese Savory Cupcake, topped with a Cheddar & Cream Cheese Frosting with Bacon Sprinkles. Beer choice varies with availability or preference but we highly suggest a Brown Ale!
- Carbomb: Chocolate Cake made with a Strong Stout, topped with an Irish Whiskey Frosting.
- Cookies-n-Cream: Chocolate Cake made with a Chocolate Stout, topped with a Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur Buttercream Frosting.
- The Cold Brew: Artisan Coffee Infused Cake with a White Chocolate Liquor Frosting.
- Violette or Fraise Royale: White Cake made with Champagne, topped with a Creme de Violette or Fresh Strawberry Buttercream Frosting.
- Yellow Cake: Yellow Cake made with Pale Ale, topped with a Chocolate Frosting.
- Pumpking Spice: Spice Cake made with Southern Tier's Pumking Ale, topped with a Cream Cheese Pumpkin Pie Spice Frosting.
The "Kicked" Cakes:
- Knight's Key: Coconut Cupcake made with St. John's Brewing Mango Pale Ale, topped with Caramel and Toasted Coconut. Named after the Campground Violet spent many summer nights at in the Florida Keys, which was destroyed between the 2004 & 2005 Hurricane Seasons.
- The Green Fairy/Green Hornet: Absinthe Cupcake, topped with an Absinthe Buttercream Frosting.
- THE RON WHITE: Dark Chocolate Cake made with Cigar City Humidor Series IPA, topped with a Johnnie Walker Blue Caramel.
- $1 PBR Special: Corn Muffins made with PBR and Orange Blossom Honey.
We're thinking up new ideas all the time and have several waiting to be made. We'll post new flavors as we come up with them. All public availability will be on the Calendar, so be sure to check that too.
Check out the calendar to find out where we'll be and what we'll be selling...
Have an idea?
Want to place an order?
Need something for an event?
Help is only a phone call or e-mail away...
Phone: (561) 666-8610